3. Using "F2", select the menu item "AOP30 settings". Confirm with "F5"
4. Using "F2", select the menu item "Set date/time". Confirm with "F5". Using "F2", select the
5. Use "F5" to save the settings.
Loading operator panel firmware, parameter and signal descriptions
As of software version V2.4, the following data is stored on the CompactFlash card of the drive:
● The AOP firmware
● The parameter and signal descriptions
● All operator panel languages
The new software version is detected during the initial activation of the AOP on a drive.
The following data is displayed:
● Firmware being loaded
Press the "F5" key ("Yes") on the AOP to confirm the selection of the new software version .
The firmware will be loaded. This procedure takes approx. five minutes.
● While loading, do not switch off the power supply for the drive and AOP.
● If the loading process for the new firmware is not completed successfully because of a a
● If a power outage or aborted connection occurs during the last 20 seconds of the loading
Reloading the firmware
1. Establish the RS232 connection from the PC to the AOP30.
2. Switch on the 24 V power supply.
3. On the PC, launch the LOAD_AOP30 program.
4. Choose the PC interface (COM1, COM2).
5. Choose the firmware (AOP30.H86) and open the file.
6. Follow the instructions in the program status window. Switch on the AOP30 using the red
appropriate input location for date or time. Enter the actual value using the numerical keys.
Yes: Vxx.xx.xx (new software version)
No: Vxx.xx.xx (currently loaded software version)
power outage or the connection process, the currently loaded firmware is retained. The
prompt appears at the next switch on.
process, the AOP firmware is destroyed. In this case, reload the firmware from the product
CD via the PC with "LOAD_AOP30".
button (O). Loading begins.
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015