We recommend using shielded cables. Unshielded cables can transfer disturbances to the
control and signal lines and lead to malfunctions in the drive.
To ensure trouble-free operation without interference or disturbances, route the power cables
and signal lines separately. Interference, for example, will result in the device not behaving as
When connecting and routing power and signal cables, observe the instructions contained in
the "Electromagnetic compatibility" section.
Electromagnetic compatibility (Page 67)
The following fundamental information and guidelines facilitate compliance with the EMC
We recommend that EMC is planned for the entire plant.
● Connect painted or anodized metal components using contact washers or remove the
● Use unpainted, de-oiled mounting plates.
● Establish a central connection between ground and the protective conductor system (PE
● Cables that are subject to or sensitive to interference should be laid as far apart from each
● The distance between the electric power cable and signal cable should be > 20 cm. The
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015
other as possible.
drive-specific information applies to power cables. You can find further information on power
cables under "Connecting power cables".
6.2 Electromagnetic compatibility