● Function keys for prompted navigation through the menus
● Realtime clock for the time stamping of faults and for setting up simple time controls
● LOCAL/REMOTE switchover for selecting the operating location
● Two-stage security concept to protect against unintentional or unauthorized changes to
● Time and date memory powered by internal battery backup
Functions of the control keys
The CU320-2 DP Control Unit is the central control module of the drive's open-loop and closed-
loop control system. The connections are wired internally to the customer terminal block.
Calls the main menu of the AOP30.
Calls the "inhibit functions" menu.
Numeric keys for direct entry of values.
Switches between remote and local mode. In local operation, the LED illu‐
If no operator inhibit is activated, then the "On" button in local operation is
always active. The "Off" button is only active in local operation, and in the
factory setting acts as "OFF1".
The button is only active in local mode.
The key is only in effect in local mode in "Ready to switch on" status (not
when "operating"). The system is accelerated to the setpoint speed.
Setpoint "increase" and setpoint "decrease".
You can enter the setpoint using these buttons. Alternatively, you can enter
the setpoint using the alphanumeric keys. Using the numeric keypad, any
speed ranging between the maximum and minimum speed can be entered.
These keys have different functions depending on the menu. The respec‐
tive function appears in plain text above the key.
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015