Preparations for use
Checking shock and tilt indicators (Page 50)
Storing a device
If you are not going to commission the device immediately after delivery, ensure that it is stored
Preconditions and preparations
● Store goods only in undamaged packaging. Unpack the goods if the packaging is damaged.
● Repair any damage to the packaging before putting the equipment into storage insofar as
General instructions for storage
Wherever possible, store the device in a storage room. The place of storage must satisfy the
following general conditions:
● Select a sufficiently sized dry and horizontal place of storage that is above flood level and
● The place of storage must be well ventilated as well as free of dust and frost.
● Protect the device against shocks and humidity.
● In order to ensure protection against ground moisture and water, place the equipment and
● Ensure that the air circulation under the equipment is not impeded.
Correctly store the goods corresponding to the type of goods.
this is necessary to ensure proper storage conditions.
free of vibration (v
≤ 0.2 mm/s).
– Provide protection against extreme weather conditions.
– Optimum temperatures are between 10° C (50° F) to 50° C (120° F).
– Room temperature should be approx. 10° C (50° F) above the outside temperature.
– The temperature may not fall below ‑20 °C (-4 °F).
– For lower temperatures, agree on suitable measures together with Siemens.
– Relative humidity should be less than 60%.
– The floor of the place of storage must be sufficiently strong. Do not exceed maximum
permissible floor load levels or storage compartment load levels.
– The ambient air must not contain any harmful gases.
crates on pallets, wooden beams or foundations.
– Place wooden spacer blocks between the covers and the device.
– Do not place covers or tarpaulins completely around the equipment on the floor.
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015