Unsuitable cleaning utensils for aluminum
The use of unsuitable cleaning cloths and brushes may transfer metallic, corrosion-inducing
impurities onto the aluminum. This can result in corrosion damage.
● Use ESD-compliant brushes and cloths.
● Do not use cleaning cloths and brushes that have been treated with copper, brass, bronze
● Use neither brass, bronze, or steel-wire brushes nor cloths or steel wool interwoven with
Reference to the safety instructions section
Observe Chapter, "Safety instructions" when carrying out any work at the converter.
Insufficient cable insulation
Improperly laid or damaged cables and incorrectly attached cable shieldings can heat up in
places and cause fires or short-circuits wherever they make contact.
● Check whether all the cable shields are intact.
● Insulate damaged cable shields.
● Make sure that a short-circuit cannot occur on the power cables due to failure of the
When the auxiliary power supply is switched off, data about error message statuses can be
lost. Inadequate diagnostic and error rectification measures can result in damage to the drive.
We recommend using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). If you are unsure of the
measures necessary after the drive fails, or if a fault cannot be rectified, contact the Service
Fastening the cable ducts
After performing repairs, refasten all cable ducts whose cover faces downward with a cable
tie. The cable ties must be located at the same positions as in the delivered state. You will find
more information in "Fastening the cable ducts with cable ties (Page 73)".
or other heavy metals.
insulation as a result of incorrect cable installation.
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015