3.2 Control Module
Protection and monitoring functions of internal components
The internal components of the drive have the following protection and monitoring functions:
● Drive protection based on monitoring systems:
● Shutdown in the event of semiconductor failure
● Shutdown in the event of control component failure
● Internal protection functions for the control hardware
● Protection against communication failure between the closed-loop control and the power
● Anti-condensation heating
Protection and monitoring functions for external components
Transformer and motor can be monitored in the drive. A fast protective shutdown that you can
activate for external problems, e.g. short-circuits, is present.
The purpose of the Control Module is for the open-loop and closed-loop control of the drive.
Operating control and diagnostics of the drive are also realized using the Control Module.
Details on the design can be found in the layout diagram.
– Current monitoring
– DC link monitoring
– Monitoring the output voltage
– Thermal monitoring of the power unit
– Precharging monitoring
– Supply voltage monitoring
– Insulation monitoring
– Monitoring of the common power supply
– Circuit breaker monitoring
– Re-cooling unit monitoring
SINAMICS SM120 6SL38715
Operating Instructions 07/2015