Introduction to the KROSS
After you've turned on the KROSS, here's how to perform basic
operations, such as selecting modes and pages.
In order to use a particular function on the KROSS, you must first
select the appropriate mode.
• Press one of the front panel mode buttons to enter the
EXIT button (
+ SEQ button(
For a summary of each mode, please see the "About the
KROSS's modes" section on page 9.
Note: The mode that's currently selected is shown by the mode
switch that's lit up.
Selecting pages and tabs
One screen of displayed information is called a "page." To access
the page you want, you can use the PAGE– and PAGE+ buttons,
or you can press the MENU button and choose from the page
• Make sure that the desired mode is selected.
For this explanation we'll use Combination mode as an
Using the PAGE+/– buttons to move between pages
• You can move between pages by pressing the PAGE+ or
Using the page menu to access different pages
The page menu shows a list of the pages and tabs within each
mode. Select the desired page and tab from this list.
1. Press the MENU button.
The page menu will appear.
The page where you were immediately before pressing
the PAGE button is indicated by a diamond-shaped
symbol to the left.
2. Press the PAGE+ button or the PAGE+ button to
select a page.
As an example here, select C-ZONE/DELAY.
3. Press the FUNCTION (TABS) button.
The "tabs of" (TABS OF) page will appear.
4. Press the PAGE+ button or the PAGE– button to
select a tab.
As an example here, select KEY ZONE.
5. Press the MENU (OK) button.
The C-ZONE/DELAY> KEY ZONE page will appear.
Note: If you select a page from the page menu (rather than from
the "tabs of" menu), the page for the previously-selected tab will
Using the MENU button + PAGE+/- buttons to move
• Hold down the MENU button and press the PAGE+
In Combination mode, this lets you move in units of
pages; e.g., COMBI ↔ C-INPUT/CTRL ↔ C-Tone ADJ
↔ C-TIMBRE ↔ ... etc. Each time, the page of the most
recently selected tab will be selected.
Using the EXIT button to move between pages
• Pressing this button will take you back to the MAIN
page of the current mode. Each time you press the
button, you'll move between pages in the following way.
Program, Combination, and Sequencer mode: the MAIN
page of each mode.
Global/Media mode: the BASIC page in Global/Media
mode the MAIN page in the previously-selected mode
among program, conbination and sequencer.
• When a dialog box is open, this button cancels the
settings that were made in the dialog box and closes the
dialog box, just like pressing the Cancel button.
• If a popup menu is open, pressing EXIT closes the menu.
Selecting a parameter and editing the value
1. Use the ◄►▲▼ cursor buttons to select the
parameter that you want to edit.
2. If you select an edit cell, the display will be
highlighted. Edit the value.
The way that the value will change depends on the type
of parameter or object. (see "Items in the display" on
• The value in the edit cell can be edited by using the
VALUE dial, the ENTER button, and the ▲▼ cursor
Use this dial to edit the selected parameter's value. This control is
convenient when you want to scroll through a very long list of