Ver. 1.3 2008.05
2. Optical Axis Check/Adjustment
Attach the checking lens to the flange back tester, and set the 1000 mm collimator.
1000 mm collimator
Set the focus ring of the checking lens to infinity end position while looking through the microscope, and align the optical axis to the
center of the chart image accurately.
Turn the focusing knob of the tester until the chart image is the sharpest (red and green color areas are equal on the chart *).
*: Position in which the color of collimator chart changes from green into red and come into focus.
Also check the optical axis aligns with the chart center. (Refer to Fig.4-3-4.)
Figure shows example. The cause depends on individual lens.
4) Check that the specification of the Table 4-3-1 is satisfied.
Phenomenon that seems that color (flared) remains in one direction of ring chart at the best focus.
Phenomenon that seems that color of ring chart divides into direction of cross at the best focus.
0.04mm or less
0.02mm or less
5) When the CB and AS of the checking lens is out of specification of the Table 4-3-1, perform the following.
(1) Rotate the 4th lens block, adjust the defective parts to out of picture frame.
(2) If the adjustment is impossible according to the procedure (1), replace the 4th lens block.
(3) If the specification is not improved according to procedure (2), replace the 2nd lens barrel assy.
SAL16105 (DT 3.5-5.6/16-105) (DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6)
e.g. As the focusing knob is turned, the chart may appear blurry as illustrated.
The cause depends on individual lens.
0.13mm or less
0.06mm or less