This equipment has been designed and manufactured to meet international safety standards but, like any electrical equipment,
care must be taken to obtain the best results and for safety to be assured. Please read the points below for your own safety.
They are of a general nature, intended to help with all electronic consumer products.
Leave more than 10cm around all edges when wall mounting
the television to allow adequate ventilation. This will prevent
overheating and possible damage to the television. Dusty
places should also be avoided.
Damage may occur if the television is left in direct sunlight
or near a heater. Avoid places subject to extremely high
temperatures or humidity, or locations where the temperature
is likely to fall below 5°C (41°F).
The set should be operated only from a 220-240 V AC 50
Hz outlet. DO ensure that the television is not standing on
the mains lead. DO NOT cut off the mains plug from this
equipment, this incorporates a special Radio Interference
Filter, the removal of which will impair its performance. It
should only be replaced by a correctly rated and approved
type. IF IN DOUBT PLEASE CONSULT A COMPETENT
To prevent the spread of fire, keep candles or other open
flames away from this product at all times.
DO read these operating instructions before you attempt to
use the equipment.
DO ensure that all electrical connections (including the mains
plug, extension leads and inter connections between pieces
of equipment) are properly made and in accordance with the
manufacturers' instructions. Switch off and withdraw the mains
plug before making or changing connections.
DO consult your dealer if you are ever in doubt about the
installation, operation or safety of your equipment.
DO be careful with any glass panels or doors on equipment.
English - 4 -
DON'T remove any fixed cover as this may expose dangerous
DON'T obstruct the ventilation openings of the equipment
with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
Overheating will cause damage.
DON'T allow electrical equipment to be exposed to dripping
or splashing or objects filled with liquids.
DON'T place hot objects or naked flame sources, such as
lighted candles or nightlights on, or close to equipment. High
temperatures can melt plastic and lead to fires.
DON'T use makeshift stands and use the stand manufacturers
DON'T leave equipment switched on when it is unattended,
unless it is specifically stated that it is designed for unattended
operation or has a standby mode. Switch off by withdrawing
the plug, make sure your family know how to do this.
Special arrangements may need to be made for people with
DON'T continue to operate the equipment if you are in any
doubt about it working normally, or it is damaged in any way
- switch off, withdraw the mains plug and consult your dealer.
WARNING - excessive sound pressure from earphones or
headphones can cause hearing loss.
ABOVE ALL - NEVER let anyone, especially children,
push or hit the screen, push anything into holes, slots
or any other openings in the case.
NEVER guess or take chances with electrical equipment
of any kind - it is better to be safe than sorry.
THE MAINS PLUG IS USED AS A DISCONNECTING
DEVICE AND THEREFORE SHOULD BE READILY
Note: Interactive video games that involve shooting a "gun"
type of joystick at the on-screen target may not work with
The illustrations and the OSD in this operation
manual are for explanation purposes and may vary
slightly from the actual operations.