S a f e t y i n f o r m a t i o n
This product is for professional use only. It is not for
This product presents risks of lethal or severe injury due to fire and heat,
electric shock, ultraviolet radiation, lamp explosion, and falls. Read this
manual before installing or powering the fixture, follow the safety
precautions listed below and observe all warnings in this manual and on
the fixture. If you have any questions about how to operate the fixture
safely, please contact your Martin dealer or call the Martin 24-hour service
Protecting yourself an d others from el ectric shock
• Disconnect the fixture from AC power before removing or installing the
lamp, fuse, or any part, and when not in use.
• Always ground (earth) the fixture electrically.
• Use only a source of AC power that complies with local building and
electrical codes and has both overload and ground-fault protection.
• Do not expose the fixture to rain or moisture.
• Refer all service not described in this manual to a Martin service
• Never operate the fixture with missing or damaged lenses.
• Glass lenses must be changed if they have become visibly damaged to
such an extent that their effectiveness is impaired, for example by
cracks or deep scratches.
• Never operate the fixture with open, missing or damaged covers.
• Protect your hands and eyes with gloves and safety glasses when
changing the lamp.
• Do not stare directly into the light. Never look at an exposed lamp while
it is lit.
• Replace the lamp if it becomes defective or worn out.
Protecting yo urself and others from burns and fire
• Never attempt to bypass the thermostatic switch or fuses. Always
replace defective fuses with ones of the specified type and rating.
• Keep all combustible materials (for example fabric, wood, paper) at
least 0.1 meters (4 inches) away from the fixture. Keep flammable
materials well away from the fixture.