R i g g i n g t h e M a n i a S C X 5 0 0
The Mania SCX500 must be either:
• fastened to a flat surface by means of its adjustable U-bracket,
• fastened to a flat surface by means of its adjustable U-bracket and
mounting plate, or
• attached to a rigging clamp by means of its adjustable U-bracket.
Do not install the fixture by any other means, as this can cause the fixture
Block access below the work area and work from a stable
platform when installing or servicing the fixture.
Always use a secure means of secondary attachment that can
hold at least 10 times the weight of the fixture.
1. The fixture must be located at least 1 meter (3.3 ft.) away from the
surface to be illuminated and at least 0.1 meters (4 in.) from any
combustible materials (wood, fabric, paper, etc.). Ensure that the
clearance around the fan and air vents is at least 0.1 meters (4 in.).
Ensure that there are no flammable materials nearby.
2. If using a rigging clamp (not included), ensure that the clamp is
undamaged and can bear at least 10 times the fixture's weight. Bolt the
clamp securely to the fixture's mounting bracket with a grade 8.8
(minimum) M12 bolt and lock nut through the 13 mm hole in the center
of the mounting bracket, or as recommended by the clamp
3. If fastening the fixture directly to a mounting surface, ensure that any
fasteners used and the mounting surface can bear at least 10 times the
fixture's weight. The fixture may be fastened using any of the following:
• four 6.5mm holes in the sides of the U-bracket
• two 8mm holes in the top of the U- bracket
• one 13mm hole in the top of the U-bracket.
Mania SCX500 user manual