If you have questions about how to operate the fixture safely, please contact your Martin dealer or call the Martin 24-hour service hot line at +45 70 200 201.
• Never place filters or other materials over the lens. • Do not modify the fixture or install other than genuine Martin parts. • Do not operate the fixture if the ambient temperature (Ta) exceeds 40° C (104° F). Protection from injury due to falls •...
The packing material or flightcase is carefully designed to protect the fixture during shipment - always use it to transport the fixture. When installing the MAC 250 Entour model you may find it useful to lock the head in place using the tilt locks.
2. Remove the 2 Phillips screws in the access cover directly behind the power and data connectors. Lift off the cover. 3. Locate the selection switches. 4. Move the voltage switch to the setting that most closely matches the local AC voltage. If your voltage falls halfway between 2 settings, select the higher voltage.
The MAC 250 Krypton/Entour includes an omega clamp mounting bracket to which 1 or 2 rigging clamps (not included) can be bolted. The clamp mounting bracket fastens to the base as shown with 1/4-turn fasteners. Figure 2: Clamp mounting bracket Warning! Attach an approved safety cable to the attachment point provided in the base.
• Never use a “Y” connector to split the link. To split the serial link into branches use a splitter such as the Martin 4-Channel Opto-Isolated RS-485 Splitter/Amplifier. • Do not overload the link. Up to 32 devices may be connected on a serial link.
You set the address and personalities, read out data, and execute service utilities from the control panel. Settings can also be changed remotely via the serial link with the Martin MP-2 uploader. See also the control menu table starting on page 41.
• , the shortcuts setting which can be found under the PERS (personality) menu, determines whether the color and gobo wheels scroll past open when changing positions. When set to , the wheels can “take a shortcut” and scroll through open when this is the shortest path to the next position. The wheels do not scroll past open when ...
F I R M W A R E V E R S I O N → displays the firmware version number. The firmware version is also displayed briefly at startup. Test and service utilities D M X R E A D O U T The DMX log ( ) menu provides useful information for troubleshooting control problems.
DMX-512 CONTROL The MAC 250 Krypton/Entour is compatible with USITT DMX512 controllers. The full protocol is available in “DMX protocol” on page 33. The fixture has two DMX operating modes, 16-bit and 16-bit Extended. 16-bit Extended mode uses 17 DMX channels, three more than the 14 DMX channels than standard 16-bit mode requires.
F I X E D G O B O S ( M A C 2 5 0 E N T O U R O N L Y ) The MAC 250 Entour provides an additional wheel with 10 fixed gobo positions (plus open). The gobo and the type of movement are selected on channel 7 (channel 9 in 16-bit Extended mode).
• 16 in 16-bit Extended mode on the MAC 250 Krypton • 14 in 16-bit mode on the MAC 250 Entour • 17 in 16-bit Extended mode on the MAC 250 Entour The following channel provide tracking values that allow you to override the shortcuts setting ( in the ...
G O B O O R I E N T A T I O N The orientations shown in Figure 3 are correct in most cases, but consult your Martin dealer or gobo supplier if you are in any doubt about the orientation of a specific gobo type.
Twisted triangle Splash Aflobet Table 2: Rotating gobos . MAC 250 Krypton rotating gobo wheel Position Gobo Eclipse Fat bar Happy Yins Twisted triangle Glass limbo Aflobet Table 3: Rotating gobos . MAC 250 Entour rotating gobo wheel MAC 250 Krypton/Entour...
R E P L A C I N G A G O B O Danger! Intense heat. Avoid contact by persons and materials. The exterior of the fixture can get very hot - up to 120° C (248° F). Disconnect the fixture from AC power and allow it to cool for at least 45 minutes before handling.
7. Insert the gobo holder back in the gobo wheel using a small flathead screwdriver to lift the retaining blades. 8. Replace the cover before applying power. Fixed gobos (MAC 250 Entour only) The MAC 250 Entour provides 10 fixed gobo positions (plus open). Position Gobo Oriental fire...
2. Remove the top cover of the fixture head using a flathead screwdriver to loosen the four quarter-turn screws. The top and bottom cover look the same, but the top cover is found by checking if the text on the back of the head is oriented correctly (top) or not (bottom) as illustrated here.
The standard 3-facet prism can be replaced with optional five- and nine-facet prisms. See “Accessories” on page 49 for part numbers. See: • Replacing the prism in a MAC 250 Entour below, or • “Replacing the prism in a MAC 250 Krypton” on page 25.
6. Remove the rubber belt to free the prism and replace it with a compatible rotating prism (contact your Martin dealer for a list of available prisms). 7. Replace the rubber drive belt over the rotating prism and screw the half-circle shaped plate into place.
R E P L A C I N G T H E P R I S M I N A M A C 2 5 0 K R Y P T O N Danger! Intense heat. Avoid contact by persons and materials. The exterior of the fixture can get very hot - up to 120°...
10. Connect the fixture to AC power. Mounting the optional 14° lens (MAC 250 Entour only) The MAC 250 Entour is supplied with an optional 14° lens. Mounting optional 14 degree lens. to mount the lens: 1. Disconnect the fixture from AC power and allow it to cool.
cover is found by checking if the text on the back of the head is oriented correctly (top) or not (bottom) as illustrated here. 3. Locate the effect module and remove the wire connectors (located at position B). Using a flat head screwdriver, remove the screws (located at the positions marked A) and lift the tabs.
5. Remove the four Phillips screws. 6. Lift the lens module plate off the effect module. 7. Remove the three Torx 10 screws holding the lens in place. 8. Place the 14° lens between the standard lens and the plate and replace the three Torx 10 screws. 9.
power and allow it to cool for at least 45 minutes before proceeding. Wear safety goggles to protect your eyes. Figure 5: Lamp installation 1. Locate the lamp access cover at the back of the fixture head and remove the two Phillips screws. 2.
The MAC 250 Krypton/Entour does not require lubrication under normal circumstances. The slides and spindle for the focus lens car are lubricated with a long-lasting Teflon-based lubricant that can be reapplied by a Martin service partner in the unlikely event that this should be necessary. Replacing fuses M A I N F U S E The main fuse holder is built into the mains input socket.
Have the fixture serviced by a Martin service technician if fuses blow repeatedly. Updating software The latest MAC 250 Krypton/Entour firmware is available from the support area of the Martin web site at www.martin.dk. It can be installed via the serial data link using a supported Martin uploader such as the MP-2, or via a LightJockey 4064 ISA DMX interface.
MAC 250 Krypton DMX protocol 16 Bt 16 Ex (16 Bit Mode) (16 Bit Extended) Value Percent Function Shutter, strobe, reset, lamp on/off 0 - 19 0 - 7 Shutter closed 20 - 49 8 - 19 Shutter open 50 - 72 20 - 28 Strobe, fast →...
0 - 255 0 - 100 Color (Least Significant Byte) Rotating gobo selection Indexing: set position on channel 5 in 16 bt mode or channel 7 in 16 Ex mode 0 - 4 0 - 2 Open gobo 2 - 4 Gobo 1 5 - 10 11 - 15...
0 - 255 0 - 100 Left → right (128 = neutral) Pan fine (Least Significant Byte) Left → right 0 - 255 0 - 100 Tilt Left → right (128 = neutral) 0 - 255 0 – 100 Tilt fine (Least Significant Byte) Left →...
ONTROL MENU Options displayed in bold represent the default settings. Note that lowercase letters in the control panel display are being phased out. Capital letters only are used from software v. 2.0. Menu Item Options Notes (Default settings in bold print) ...
Hours of operation since counter reset. To reset, display counter and press [up] for 5 seconds. → Total hours of operation with lamp on since manufacture Lamp hours since counter reset. To reset, display counter and press [up] for 5 seconds.
Reset fixture Lamp on Lamp off Open shutter Close shutter Fast strobe Medium strobe Slow strobe Dimmer Color wheel in open position. Color wheel positions 1 → 12. →...
Magnetic sensors monitor the positions of the color wheel, gobo wheel, and rotating gobos. If they detect an error, the shutter closes while the effect resets. Effect feedback disabled. (Press Enable on-the-fly reset of magnetically indexed effects ...
RROR MESSAGES Display readout Appears if... What to do ...the EEPROM memory cannot be • Contact service technician. (Memory error) read. • Check fuses..there is no communication between • Check cable between control panel the control panel and motherboard. and motherboard.
2 and 3 in the fixture match (pins 2 and 3 reversed). that behaves erratically. The color wheel, gobo wheel, or a • Contact Martin technician for service if the Shutter closes suddenly. gobo has lost its index position and the problem persists.
Measurements made at nominal voltage. Local supply voltages can vary by +/- 10%.. *A transformer modification may be necessary for operation with measured RMS supply voltages between 105 and 110 VAC at 50 Hz. Your Martin distributor can give details. F U S E S Main fuse .
T H E R M A L Maximum ambient temperature (T ) ......... . . 40° C (104° F) Maximum surface temperature .