C l e a n i n g
Cleaning optical components
Use care when cleaning optical components. The coated surfaces are
fragile and small scratches may be visible in the fixture's light output.
1. Disconnect the fixture from AC power and allow it to cool for at least 20
2. Remove the lamp module cover release thumbscrew and open the
lamp module cover on its hinge.
3. Blow or vacuum away loose dust. Remove residues from lenses and
filters with a soft cloth or cotton swabs wetted with isopropyl alcohol.
Regular glass cleaner may also be used, but no residues may remain.
4. Any streaking that remains can be removed by rinsing with distilled
water. Mixing the water with a small amount of wetting agent such as
Kodak Photoflo will help give a perfectly clear surface.
5. Dry with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or blow dry with compressed air.
6. Replace the lamp module cover before reapplying power.
Cleaning the fan and air vents
To maintain adequate cooling, dust must be cleaned from the fan and air
vents periodically. Check and, if necessary, clean fixtures at regular
1. Disconnect the data and power cables and allow the fixture to cool for
at least 20 minutes.
2. Remove dust and dirt from the fan blades and vent grill using a soft
brush, cotton swab, vacuum, or compressed air.
R e p l a c i n g t h e m a i n f u s e
The Mania SCX500 uses a time-delay fuse for protection against current
overload. An indication that the fuse may have blown is that when power
is applied and the lamp is switched on, no light is produced.
If the fuse blows repeatedly, there is a fault with the unit that requires
service by a Martin technician.
Never bypass the fuse or replace it with one of another size or rating.
1. Disconnect the power cable.
Mania SCX500 user manual