Swype Keyboard Settings
To configure Swype settings:
1. From the Settings screen, touch Language and input.
2. Touch the
icon next to Swype.
3. Touch Settings to alter these settings:
• Sound on keypress: Turns on sounds generated by the Swype
• Pop-up on keypress: Display the character above the key
• Show complete trace: Once enabled, sets wether or not to
display the complete Swype path.
• Auto-capitalization: Automatically capitalize the first letter of a
• Auto-spacing: Automatically insert a space between words.
When you finish a word, just lift your finger or stylus and start
the next word.
• Next word prediction: Once enabled, predicts the next word in
your text string based on your current text entries.
• Show Voice key: Once enabled, displays the Voice icon on
your Swype keyboard so you can use the Voice input option.
4. Touch My Words to access the following options:
• Backup & Sync: Backup your Swype dictionary and sync your
Swype dictionary across multiple devices.
• Living Language: When enabled, this feature automatically
updates your Swype dictionary with popular new words.
• Social integration: Learn information from your Facebook,
Twitter, and Gmail accounts to help you while using Swype.
• Edit my dictionary: Edit your personal Swype dictionary.
• Clear language data: Deletes all of your personal language
data, including your words.
• Contribute usage data: When enabled, allows the Nuance
application to collect usage data for better word predictions.
• Cellular data: When enabled, activates cellular data usage by
the Swype application so it can receive program updates,
language downloads, and other related features via your
existing data connection.
5. Touch Languages to activate and select the current text
input language. Default language is English. Touch
Download languages to download additional languages.