• Hide my device: When enabled, your mobile hotspot is not
visible to other Wi-Fi devices during a scan. Other devices can
still connect to your mobile hotspot, but will have to set up the
connection manually with your Network SSID and Password.
• Security: Choose the security level for your Mobile Hotspot.
• Password: If you choose a security level that uses a password,
enter the password. By default, the password is your mobile
• Show password: Enable to make the Password field visible.
• Show advanced options: Enable to access advanced options,
including Broadcast channel, to specify the channel your device
uses for Mobile Hotspot.
Allowed Device List
Control whether devices connect to your Mobile Hotspot with
the Allowed device list. After you add devices to the list, they
can scan for your device and connect using your device's
mobile hotspot name and password.
Note: Using your phone as a mobile hotspot consumes battery
power and uses data service. While Mobile Hotspot is
active, your phone's applications will use the Mobile
Hotspot data service. Roaming while using your phone
as a mobile hotspot will incur extra data charges.
1. From the Settings screen, touch More settings
2. Touch Allowed devices.
Add device then enter the other device's
Device name and MAC address.
4. Touch OK to add the device to the Allowed devices.
Tip: For information about connecting to your Mobile Hotspot,
see "Connecting a Device with Mobile Hotspot" on