3. Touch Create new account.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to create and
activate your account.
Creating a New Google Account
In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, create a
Google Account when you first use your device. With a
Google Account, Google applications will always be in sync
between your phone and computer.
If you did not create a Samsung account when you first set
up your phone, follow these steps:
1. From a Home screen, touch
The Add a Google Account screen displays.
2. Touch New to create a new Google account.
– or –
If you already have a Google account, touch Existing to
sign in and add the account to your phone.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a Google
Note: Once you have created a Google account, you only need
to sign in.
Retrieving your Google Account
A Google account password is required for Google
applications. If you misplace or forget your Google Account
password, follow these instructions to retrieve it:
1. From your computer, use an Internet browser and
2. Click on the Can't access your account? link.
3. Touch the I don't know my password radio button.
4. Enter your Email address and click Continue.
5. Follow the password recovery procedure.
All unanswered calls to your device are sent to voicemail,
even if your device is turned off, so you'll want to set up your
voicemail and personal greeting as soon as you activate your
For more information, see "Voicemail" on page 130.