Set Up SIM Card Lock
Prevent another user from using your SIM card to make
unauthorized calls or from accessing information stored on
your SIM card by protecting the information using a PIN code.
When enabled, your phone will ask for a PIN number each
time you use the phone. Using this option you can also
change your SIM PIN number.
1. From the Settings screen, touch Security.
2. Touch Set up SIM card lock.
3. Touch Lock SIM card, enter your SIM PIN code, then
Note: You must activate Lock SIM card before you can change
your SIM PIN code.
4. Touch Change SIM PIN.
5. Enter your old SIM PIN code and touch OK.
6. Enter your new SIM PIN code and touch OK.
7. Re-type your new SIM PIN code and touch OK.
Forgotten SIM PIN Password
If you enter the wrong SIM PIN more than 3 times, you will
need to contact your Verizon Customer Service
Representative to get the PUK code for your device.
1. Each time you enter a wrong SIM PIN number the
phone will display how many attempts you have
2. After the third incorrect attempt, the Type PUK and new
PIN code screen displays and your SIM card is locked.
3. Enter the new PUK code that you received from your
Verizon Customer Service Representative in the
PUK code field.
4. Enter a new PIN code in the Enter a new PIN field and
5. Enter the new PIN code again in the Confirm your new
PIN field and touch OK.
Note: While your SIM PIN is locked, you will still be able to
make Emergency calls if necessary.