Electronic multi-measuring instrument ns series (32 pages)
Summary of Contents for Mitsubishi Electric ME96NSR
MITSUBISHI Electronic Multi-Measuring Instrument Types ME96NSR ME96NSR-MB User’s Manual Before operating the instrument, you should first read thoroughly this operation manual for safe operation and optimized performance of the product. Deliver this user’s manual to the end user.
Check on Your Delivery Check the following as soon as you receive Mitsubishi Electronic Multi-Measureing Instru- ment : ● The package is in good condition. ● The product has not been damaged during transit. ● The product corresponds to your order specifications.
Contents Check on Your Delivery ............................2 About the Optional Plug-in Module Sold Separately ....................2 Contents ................................... 3 Safety Precaution ..............................4 EMC Directive Instruction ............................6 1. Features ................................7 2. Display and Key Functions ..........................8 3. Function Modes ..............................10 4.
Safety Precaution (Always read these instructions before using this equipment) For personnel and product safety, please read the contents of these operating instructions carefully before using. Please store this manual to make it accessible when required and always forward it to the end user. Indicates that incorrect handling may cause hazardous conditions.
Safety Precaution ■Operation Instructions CAUTION ● When the external terminals are connected to the external equipments, the instrument and the exter- nal equipments must not be powered and used until its definitive assembly on the cabinet’s door. ● The rating of the terminal of the external equipment should satisfy the rating of the external terminal of this instrument.
EMC Directive Instruction This section summarizes the precautions on conformance to the EMC Directive of the cabinet con- structed using this instrument. However, the method of conformance to the EMC Directive and the judgment on whether or not the cabinet con- forms to the EMC Directive has to be determined finally by the manufacturer.
1. Features This instrument measures the load status by inputting the secondary side of the VT and CT, and displays various measurement values. In addition, telemonitoring can be done by a variegated output function. ■Various Measurement Parameters Phase wire system Three phase 4-wire Three phase 3-wire Current...
2. Display and Key Functions ■Display LEAD status They show direction of Power Factor or Reactive Power on bar graph. LAG status They show the type of counting of Reactive Energy on Reactive Energy Display. Scale of the bar graph They show the scales of the bar graph.
2. Display and Key Functions ■Functions of operation key RESET MAX/MIN PHASE DISPLAY Set key Reset Maximum/ Phase Display Minimum change change +/– key Meaning of code : (press), (press on over 1 second), (press on over 2 seconds), (press simultaneously) –...
3. Function Modes This meter has 4 kinds of function modes. Use it at each mode according to your requirements. ■Diagram of Each Mode Set-up mode Operation mode Set-up Menu 1 Instantaneous Maximum value and Set-up Menu 2 value cyclic minimum value cyclic display change display change...
3. Function Modes ■Outline of Function Mode Operation mode Measuring and displaying in this mode. Instantaneous value display The instantaneous values of the set-up display pattern are displayed. Usually, this display is used. Maximum value and minimum value display The maximum values and minimum values are displayed. (see page 39) Instantaneous value cyclic display change Instantaneous value displays are automatically changed every 5 seconds.
4. Set-up 4.1 Set-up Diagram For correct measurement, it is necessary to set the primary voltage and the primary current, etc. in the set-up mode. It can set necessary items, after it shifts from the Operation mode to set-up mode. Items are not set is the initial setting. In the case of normal use, it can use only by the set-up menu 1 (basic set-up).
4. Set-up 4.1 Set-up Diagram • How to Access the Set-up Items. 1 Press the 4 After completion of set-up, select ‘End’ in the set-up menu key and the key simultaneously for RESET 2 seconds to get in the set-up mode. and press the key.
4. Set-up 4.2 Basic Set-up Set-up Menu 1 In this set-up menu 1, set-up the basic contents as following for correct measurement . In the operation mode, after pressing the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, the following RESET operation becomes available.
4. Set-up 4.2 Basic Set-up Set-up Menu 1 5 Set the secondary voltage values of VT in case of using VT. If you set “no” on set-up No.3, this display does not appear. 5 VT secondary – Three phase 4-wire Three phase 3-wire voltage 63.5V...
4. Set-up 4.2 Basic Set-up Set-up Menu 1 9 Set up the time constant for calculating current demand. 0 second 40 seconds 3 minutes 7 minutes 15 minutes 10 seconds 50 seconds 4 minutes 8 minutes 20 minutes 9 Time constant for –...
Set the set-up menu number to “2”. (Set as shown in the right display.) – Set-up menu DISPLAY 1 Set the “CC-Link” or “ModBus” as the communication method. This display appears only if the type of ME96NSR-MB has 1 Communication – the type of ME-0040C-NS96 optional plug-in module. method CC-Link ModBus DISPLAY 2 Set the ModBus address number.
4. Set-up 4.3 Communication, Cancel of Digital Input Set-up Set-up Menu 2 6 Set the CC-Link station number. In the case of ModBus, this display does not apper. 6 CC-Link station – Settable addresses: 1 to 64 number DISPLAY 7 Set the CC-Link baud rates. In the case of ModBus, this display does not apper.
4. Set-up 4.4 Bar Graph Set-up Set-up Menu 3 In the operation mode, press the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, and the following RESET operation becomes available. Set the set-up menu number to “3”. (Set as shown in the right display.) –...
4. Set-up 4.5 Display of Each Measurement, etc. Set-up Set-up Menu 4 In the operation mode, press the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, and the following RESET operation becomes available. Set the set-up menu number to “4”. (Set as shown in the right display.) –...
4. Set-up 4.5 Display of Each Measurement, etc. Set-up Set-up Menu 4 5 Set the current display digit. 5 Current – 888: 3 digits 8888: 4 digits display digit DISPLAY 6 Set the voltage display digit. 6 Voltage – 888: 3 digits 8888: 4 digits display digit DISPLAY...
4. Set-up Set-up Menu 5 4.6 Alarm Set-up This sets the upper and lower limit alarm. The upper and lower limit set value mark “ (blinking)” is displayed on the bar graph. From the display items, 4 element can be set. In the operation mode, press simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, and the following operation RESET...
4. Set-up 4.6 Alarm Set-up Set-up Menu 5 4 Set the alarm delay time. If the condition that the limit was exceeded continues more than the delay time, it will be in the alarm condition. 4 Alarm delay time, – And, if it dose not continue at this time, the max/min value is not delay time of updated.
4. Set-up 4.7 Analog Output Set-up Set-up Menu 6 In the operation mode, press the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, and the following RESET operation becomes available. Even if it is a measurement item from which it is not selected by the display pattern, the set up display can be displayed. When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is not installed, this menu cannot be set.
4. Set-up 4.7 Analog Output Set-up Set-up Menu 6 2 Analog output detailed set-up (1) In the case when A, DA are set (6.1.1) • Current value is set to the maximum output value of analog output. It can set in the range of about 40% to about 120% of ratings. As for detailed set values, refer to page 51.
4. Set-up 4.8 Pulse Output Set-up Set-up Menu 7 In the operation mode, press the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, and the following RESET operation becomes available. When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is not installed, this menu cannot be set. Set the set-up menu number to “7”.
4. Set-up 4.8 Pulse Output Set-up Set-up Menu 7 5 Set the pulse width of output pulse. 0.125s 0.500s 1.000s – 5 Pulse width Note: When the pulse width is set to 0.500s, 1.000s, and pulse unit is set to multiplying factor 1/100 time, when load is large, pulse output cannot follow, and the counting pulse may be decreased.
4. Set-up 4.9 Simplified Set-up The setting contents of the main 16 items can be set by using two displays. It is set by the method of substituting the numerical value. For the setting contents, refer to the following table. Simplified setting page: P-1 Simplified setting page: P-2 Content...
4. Set-up 4.9 Simplified Set-up 5 Set the secondary voltage values of VT in case of using VT. If you set “0: direct input” on set up No.e, this content cannot be set. 5 VT secondary – [3P3W] [3P4W] voltage 1 : 100V 1 : 63.5V 2 : 110V...
4. Set-up 4.9 Simplified Set-up 9 Set the communication method. It is set only if the type of ME96NSR-MB has the CC-Link optional plug-in module. In the case of the other combination, 9 Communication – this content cannot be set.
4. Set-up 4.9 Simplified Set-up !6 Set the communication module reset. In the case of ModBus, this content cannot be set. !6 Communication – Set it ON. module reset 0: OFF 1: ON According to the set-up diagram (page 13), save the changed contents or continue to the other set-up menu.
5. Output Adjustment and How to Test 5.1 Analog Output Adjustment When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is installed, it is possible to adjust zero and span of analog output. (Only CH that sets the analog output can be done. ) Please adjust it only when the matches with the receiving instrument or the output have changed.
5. Output Adjustment and How to Test 5.2 Alarm Output Test When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is installed, simulated signal output to test the alarm output circuit can be put out. Operate it according to the following. The following operation becomes possible when you turn on the power supply while pressing the at the DISPLAY state of power failure.
5. Output Adjustment and How to Test 5.3 Analog Output Test When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is installed, simulated signal output to test the analog output circuit can be put out. Operate it according to the following. The following operation becomes possible when you turn on the power supply while pressing the at the DISPLAY state of power failure.
5. Output Adjustment and How to Test 5.4 Pulse Output Test When the ME-4201-NS96 type optional plug-in module is installed, simulated signal output to test the pulse output circuit can be put out. Operate it according to the following. The following operation becomes possible when you turn on the power supply while pressing the at the DISPLAY state of power failure.
5. Output Adjustment and How to Test 5.5 Digital Output Test When the ME-0052-NS96 type optional plug-in module is installed, simulated signal output to test the digital output circuit can be put out. Operate it according to the following. The following operation becomes possible when you turn on the power supply while pressing the at the DISPLAY state of power failure.
6. Operation 6.1 Display Change By pressing , the measurement display will switch over. DISPLAY Example of display change (display pattern: P01) DISPLAY DISPLAY DISPLAY DISPLAY First display Second display Third display Fourth display Note 1: When the display is changed by pressing DISPLAY , the following display is displayed just for a few seconds. This shows the second display among the 4 display.
6. Operation 6.3 Bar Graph Display Measurement item to be displayed on bar graph can be selected. By displaying others than the measurement items digitally displayed, 4 elements can be displayed at once. ● Explanation of bar graph In the bar graph, measurement elements shown by “ ” or “ ”...
6. Operation 6.4 Maximum Value and Minimum Value Display The maximum values and the minimum values are displayed. ● Display of maximum value and minimum value When is pressed, the display is changed into the maximum value and minimum value display. And MAX/MIN when is pressed, the display changes back to the instantaneous value display.
6. Operation 6.5 Cyclic Display Change In cyclic display, display and phases automatically change every 5 seconds. ● Cyclic display change When is pressed for about 2 seconds, the cyclic display change appears. DISPLAY It is possible to cyclic display change it even on the maximum value and minimum value display. DISPLAY Press for 2 seconds.
6. Operation 6.6 Alarm Display and How to Cancel ● Set-up Refer to 4.6 Alarm Set-up. (see page 22) ● Alarm indicator If the item that had alarm set-up is displayed on the bar graph, the alarm indicator appears. By blinking of “ ”, upper or lower limit is shown.
6. Operation 6.7 Harmonics Display Harmonic RMS value and distortion ratio can be displayed. ● Measurement items Current Voltage Degree Distortion Distortion value ratio value ratio Harmonic total 11th 13th Note 1: Even when the RMS value of voltage harmonics is set to phase to phase voltage display, it is displayed in phase to neutral voltage. Note 2: When a fundamental harmonic is 0, the distortion ratio display 0%.
6. Operation 6.8 Expanded Counting Display Measured value display and enlarged 3 digital figures display of active energy and reactive energy can be displayed. ● Active energy and reactive energy display Active energy and reactive energy are displayed on the lower stage. Display type is as shown in the right table according to total load power.
6. Operation 6.9 Display of Digital Input and Digital Output Display the digital input and digital output state. When the ME-0052-NS96 or ME-0040C-NS96 type optional plug-in module is not installed, this operation cannot be done. ● The display of the digital input and the digital output (Example of digital input display) (Example of digital output display) ●...
7. Others 7.1 How to Rearrange the Display Pattern (P00) Even if there is no display pattern that you like in the display patterns P01 to P13, individual set-up is available by the display pattern P00. This set-up is made in the set-up menu 1. Explanation begins with the set “P00” in 2 display pattern of the setting menu 1 (page 14).
7. Others 7.1 How to Rearrange the Display Pattern (P00) 5) Set the display of the display 4-2. select “YES” and press – When not to display the display 2, select “no” and press 6) Set the upper stage of the display 4-2 to PF. select “PF”...
7. Others 7.2 Display the Type of the Optional Plug-in Module It is possible to display the type of the optional plug-in module when the optional plug-in module is applied. In the operation mode, after pressing the and the simultaneously for 2 seconds or more, the following RESET operation becomes available.
7. Others 7.4 Display Pattern Contents When the display elements are set in the set-up menu 1 and the set-up menu 4, by pressing , the display DISPLAY transits from No.1 in the order shown in the table below. [Three phase 4-wire] Additional display NO.10 NO.11...
7. Others 7.4 Display Pattern Contents [Three phase 3-wire] Additional display NO.7 NO.8 NO.9 NO.10 NO.11 NO.12 NO.13 NO.14 Display Digital Imported Exported Exported Exported Digital Digital NO.1 NO.2 NO.3 NO.4 NO.5 NO.6 lead lead Harmonic Harmonic active pattern display input output reactive...
7. Others 7.5 Maximum Scale Value Settable primary voltage, primary current, and standard maximum scale value are shown in the tables below. ● Maximum scale value of each item [Three phase 4-wire] [Three phase 3-wire] Measurement element Maximum scale value Measurement element Maximum scale value In the case of direct...
7. Others 7.6 Maximum Scale Table The maximum scale of A, W, and var can be selected in the range from about 40% to about 120% of ratings, from scale conditions, the values of the table below are applied. This is same to measured values to correspond to the maximum output of analog output.
7. Others 7.6 Maximum Scale Table Active power maximum scale value (2/2) Reactive power maximum scale value (1/2) Reactive power maximum scale value (2/2) STEP W unit kW unit MW unit STEP var unit kvar unit Mvar unit STEP var unit kvar unit Mvar unit 220kW...
7. Others 7.7 Measurement Characteristics ■Metering actions in other than operation mode Status Measurement Display Analog output Alarm contact point Pulse output Several seconds just No measurement No display Output over Opened No output after turning on the about 100% may auxiliary power supply be made until (Back light is lit, and...
7. Others 7.8 Troubleshooting In the case of abnormal noise, odor, smoke, heat generation from this instrument, turn it off at once. And if you think the instrument is erroneous, please check the followings before asking for repair. Condition expected cause Solution The display is not lit.
Installation 2. Mounting 1 Dimensions of the panel The panel hole dimensions are as shown in the right. And it can be attached to a panel of thickness 1.6 to 4.0mm. 2 View angle The contrast of the display changes at view angles. Mount it at the position that is easy to see.
Installation 3. Wiring 1 Applicable cable size The below table describes the applicable wire size. Input and output terminals Terminals of the of the basic device optional plug-in module AWG 24 to 14 Applicable wire size AWG 24 to 14 When using a stranded wire, use a ferrule.
Installation 3. Wiring Do not perform hot-line jobs. Do not perform hot-line work. It can cause on electrification, electric burn, fire and damage by fire on apparatus. Installation of protection fuse etc. is recommended to VT and auxiliary power. Do not open the secondary side of CT circuit. Correctly connect the secondary side signal of CT to the CT connection terminal.
Installation 4. Wiring Diagram Three phase 4-wire type : Example of ME96NSR (in case with VT) Three phase 4-wire type : Example of ME96NSR-MB (in case for direct input) 1. Connect with the polarity of a measurement circuit carefully for correct measurement.
Installation 4. Wiring Diagram Three phase 3-wire type : Example of ME96NSR-MB (in case with VT, wiring 2CT) Three phase 3-wire type : Example of ME96NSR (in case for direct input, wiring 3CT) 1. Use the shielded twisted pair cable.
Also, the wiring cables are to be as short as possible. 3. In case of ME96NSR-MB with ME-4201-NS96, the ModBus interface and the analog outputs do not have the insulation between them.
Installation 4. Wiring Diagram Optional Plug-in Module : ME-0040C-NS96 1. As for CC-Link cable, use the designated cable. Each of Ver.1.10 compatible CC-Link cables, CC-Link dedicated cables, and CC-Link dedicated high-performance cables can- not be used together with other cable types. If used together, correct data transmission will not be guaranteed.
■ Twist pair cable specifications Part of recommended cables of twist pair cables to be used in CC-Link are introduced below. As for details, refer to “Mitsubishi Electric Open Field Network CC-Link”. CC-Link performance is not guaranteed with other than the recommended cables.
Example of Simple Set-up A simple set-up example is shown below. ■ Set-up example Model type: ME96NSR (with ME-4201-NS96 optional plug-in module) Phase wire: Three phase 4-wire Voltage display: Phase to phase Measurement items: A, V, W, PF Input voltage: 220V/380V direct...
+84-8-910 4763 / 4758 / 4759 Vietnam 307 Alexandra Road #05-01/02 +65-6473-2308 Singapore MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC ASIA PTE LTD. Mitsubishi Electric Building Singapore 159943 HEAD OFFICE: MITSUBISHI DENKI BLDG., MARUNOUCHI, 2-2-3, CHIYODAKU, TOKYO 100-8310. TELEX: J24532 CABLE: MELCO TOKYO LM305Z269H01 Recycled paper used IB63508. A 0810(MDOC)