Printing on Postcards
on the printer
2. Open the
printer driver setup window
3. Select commonly used settings
Display the Quick Setup tab, and for Commonly Used Settings, select Standard.
4. Select the media type
For Media Type, select Ink Jet Hagaki (A), Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki (A), or Hagaki.
• This printer cannot print on postcards that have photos or stickers attached.
• When printing on each side of a postcard separately, you will get cleaner printing if you print the
message side first and then print the address side.
5. Select the paper size
For Printer Paper Size, select Hagaki 100x148mm or Hagaki 2 200x148mm.
• Return postcards can be used only when you print them from the computer.
• When printing a return postcard, always set the paper size to Hagaki 2 200x148mm from your
application software or the printer driver.
• Do not fold the return postcard. If a crease is formed, the printer will not be able to feed the
postcard properly, and this condition will cause line shifts or a paper jam.
6. Set the print orientation
To print the address horizontally, set Orientation to Landscape.
7. Select the print quality
For Print Quality, select High or Standard, according to your purpose.
8. Click OK
When you execute printing, the data will be printed onto the postcard.
• If you want to display a guide message when performing postcard printing, open the Maintenance tab
and click View Printer Status to start the Canon IJ Status Monitor.
On the Option menu, choose Display Guide Message and click Hagaki Printing to enable the setting.
To hide these guide messages, select the Do not show this message again check box.
• When printing on media other than postcards, load the media according to usage method of that media,
and click Start Printing.