When connecting another device while a device (such as a computer) is already connected to the printer,
connect it using the same connection method as the connected device.
If you connect using a different connection method, the connection to the device in use will be disabled.
Connection Using a Wired Network cannot be performed on printers that do not support a wired connection.
Connect via wireless router
• You cannot establish a printer with wireless and wired connections at the same time.
• Make sure your device and the wireless router are connected. For details on checking these settings,
see the manual supplied with the wireless router or contact its manufacturer.
As for a device already connected to the printer without using a wireless router, reconnect it via a
• Configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of wireless routers vary
depending on the system environment. For details, see the manual for your wireless router or contact
• This printer does not support IEEE802.11ac, IEEE802.11a, or IEEE802.11n (5 GHz). Check if your
device supports IEEE802.11n (2.4 GHz), IEEE802.11g or IEEE802.11b.
• If your device is set to the "IEEE802.11n only" mode, WEP or TKIP cannot be used as a security
protocol. Change the security protocol for your device to something other than WEP and TKIP or
change the setting to something other than "IEEE802.11n only."
The connection between your device and the wireless router will be temporarily disabled while the
setting is changed. Do not proceed to the next screen of this guide until setup is complete.
• For office use, consult your network administrator.
• Note that if you connect to a network with no security protection, your personal information could be
disclosed to a third party.
Wireless Direct (Access Point Mode)
• If a device is connected to the Internet via a wireless router, and you then connect it to a printer in
Wireless Direct mode, the existing connection between the device and wireless router will be
disabled. In that case, the connection of the device may switch to a mobile data connection
automatically depending on your device. When you connect to the Internet using a mobile data
connection, charges may apply depending on your contract.
• When you connect a device and the printer using Wireless Direct, the connection information will
be saved to Wi-Fi settings. The device may be connected to the printer automatically even after
disconnecting it or connecting it to another wireless router.
• To prevent automatic connection to the printer in Wireless Direct mode, change the connection
mode after using the printer, or set not to connect automatically in the Wi-Fi settings of the
For details on changing the settings of your device, see the manual supplied with the device or
contact its manufacturer.