• This manual contains important notices and safety precautions about your printer.
Do not use the printer in ways other than described in the accompanying manuals, as this may result
in fire, electric shock or other unexpected accidents.
Safety standard marks and declarations are only valid for the supported voltages and frequencies in
the applicable countries or regions.
• Users with cardiac pacemakers:
This product emits a low-level magnetic flux. If you feel abnormalities, please move away from the
product and consult your doctor.
• Do not use the printer in the following cases:
Stop use immediately, unplug the printer and call your local service representative to request repair.
• Metal objects or liquids are spilt inside the printer.
• The printer emits smoke, strange odors, or makes unusual noises.
• The power cord or plug overheat or are broken, bent or damaged in any way.
• Failure to adhere to the following may result in fire, electric shock, or injury:
• Do not place product close to the flammable solvents such as alcohol or thinner.
• Do not open or modify the printer.
• Use only the power cord/cables that came with your printer. Do not use these cables with other
• Do not plug in to voltages or frequencies other than those specified.
• Plug the power cord into the socket completely.
• Do not plug in or unplug the power cord with wet hands.
• Do not damage the power cord by twisting, bundling, tying, pulling or excessively bending it.
• Do not place heavy objects on the power cord.
• Do not connect multiple power cords to a single electrical outlet. Do not use multiple extension
• Do not leave the printer plugged in during lightning storms.
• Always unplug the power cord and cables when cleaning. Do not use flammable sprays or liquids
such as alcohol or thinners for cleaning.
• Unplug the power cord once a month to check that it is not overheating, rusted, bent, scratched,
split, or otherwise damaged.
• Do not put your hands inside the printer while printing.
• Do not touch the metal parts of the print head immediately after printing.
• Ink bottles
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not drink ink.
If ink is accidentally licked or swallowed, rinse out your mouth or drink one or two glasses of