CAUTION: Avoid injury, before removing
mower from machine: STOP engine. Remove
key. Wait for all moving parts to STOP.
Avoid injury from loaded spring: LOCK lift
lever before removing mower.
Avoid injury from spring loaded rod: Make
sure you have a tight grip on drive belt
tension rod and release slowly.
1. STOP engine, LOCK park brake, push PTO switch
down to DISENGAGE, turn key to the OFF position, and
2. Raise mower lift lever to TRANSPORT (upper)
3. Set cutting height knob (A) to 25 mm (1 in.).
4. Put wood blocks under each side of mower.
5. Lower mower to MOWING (lower) position, bring
deck down onto blocks.
6. Release drive belt tension rod (B) from bracket (C).
Picture Note: 48-Inch Deck used for photo purposes.
7. Remove belt from engine drive sheave (D).
8. Pull out and push down on lever (E) to release front
lift rod assembly (F) and remove from front of deck.
Removing Mower - Page 62