Charging the Battery
IMPORTANT: This battery comes fully charged. If
the mower is not used by the Service Expiration
Date indicated on the battery, charge the battery
using the following instructions.
CAUTION: BE VERY CAREFUL: Battery fluid
(electrolyte), is a solution of water and
sulfuric acid. It is very harmful to eyes, skin,
- Wear goggles or an eye shield when you
work with a battery.
- If the acid contacts your eyes, skin, or
clothing, flush the area immediately with
water. Get medical help, if necessary.
A battery gives off gas which can explode. An
exploding battery will spray sulfuric acid in all
- Keep cigarettes, sparks, and flames away
from the battery.
- Charge the battery in an area with good
- DO NOT charge a frozen battery.
Before you charge a battery:
• Wait until the battery has warmed to room
temperature. Do not charge a frozen battery.
Turn OFF and unplug the charger before you con-
nect cables to the battery or disconnect cables from
If the battery becomes warm to touch during charging:
• Reduce the charging rate OR
NOTE: Your charger may have an AUTOMATIC
STOP to prevent charging the battery:
• Stop charging the battery until it cools.
• When the battery is fully charged OR
• When the battery is not in condition to take a charge.
Service Electrical - Page 51