Operating Mower Safely
• In addition to reading your Operator's Manual, view
your Mowing Safety Video.
Check Ground Conditions
• Clear mowing area of objects that might be thrown.
Keep people and pets out of mowing area.
• Study mowing area. Set up safe mowing pattern. Do
not mow under conditions where traction or stability is
• First, test drive area with PTO switch DISENGAGED
and mower lowered. Slow down when you travel over
Avoid Injury From Contacting Blades
Before you dismount to unplug or adjust mower:
• DISENGAGE PTO switch to stop mower blades.
• STOP the engine.
• LOCK the park brake.
• Remove key.
• Wait for mower blades to STOP.
• Keep hands, feet and clothing away from mower deck
when engine is running.
• DISENGAGE PTO switch to stop mower blades when
you are not using mower.
Operating Mower - Page 26