8. Install dipstick and then remove to check oil level.
(See Checking Engine Oil in this section.) Oil level must
be between ADD and FULL marks. Do not overfill.
9. Install and tighten dipstick.
10.Start engine and check for oil leaks. Correct any
leaks before operating.
Changing Engine Oil Filter
CAUTION: Hot Engine and Hot Oil can cause
severe burns. Allow engine temperature to
drop from hot to warm level before attempting
to change oil and filter.
To prevent accidental starting, remove wire
from spark plugs and disconnect battery at
negative terminal before servicing engine.
1. Park tractor on level surface. STOP engine, LOCK
park brake and remove key.
2. Drain engine oil and replace with fresh oil. (See
Changing Engine Oil in this section.)
3. Wipe debris and dirt from around oil filter.
4. Put a small shallow pan or funnel under oil filter (A) to
catch oil drained from filter.
Picture Note: Model S2048 used for photo purposes.
5. Remove old filter (A) and wipe off filter tray with a
6. Lightly oil filter gasket with fresh, clean oil.
7. Install replacement oil filter. Turn oil filter to the right
(clockwise) until rubber gasket contacts filter adapter.
Tighten filter an additional one-half turn.
8. Start and run engine at idle to check for leaks. Stop
9. Check oil level. (See Checking Engine Oil Level in this
10.Add oil if required. (See Engine Oil in this section.)
Service Engine - Page 40