Replacing Mower Drive Belt
CAUTION: Avoid injury. STOP engine and
wear gloves when replacing drive belt.
1. Park vehicle safely.
2. Remove mower deck. (See Removing Mower in
Removing Mower section.)
3. Remove three cap screws and belt shields (A).
4. Put drive belt tension rod (B) in the released position
as shown and disconnect idler spring (C).
5. Remove mower belt (D).
6. Clean upper mower deck and sheaves.
7. Inspect belt for wear or damage; replace as
8. Install belt (D) on mower deck as shown.
9. Connect idler spring (C).
10.Install two belt shields and fasten with three cap
11.Install mower deck. (See Installing Mower in
Installing Mower section.)
Service Mower - Page 46