Check Engine Oil
IMPORTANT: To avoid engine damage, DO NOT
run engine if oil level is below ADD mark.
1. Lift hood.
Picture Note: Model S2048 used for photo purposes.
2. Remove dipstick (A). Wipe with clean cloth.
3. Insert the dipstick into the tube and rest the oil fill cap
on the tube. Do not thread the cap onto the tube.
4. Remove dipstick to check oil level.
5. Oil must be between ADD and FULL marks.
6. Add oil to FULL mark if necessary. DO NOT overfill.
(See See Engine Oil in Service Engine section.)
7. Install and tighten dipstick. Lower hood.
Break-In Electric PTO Clutch
Picture Note: Model S2554 used for photo purposes.
1. Start engine and push throttle lever (A) up to full
2. With no load on mower, ENGAGE PTO (B) and allow
mower to run for 10 seconds.
3. DISENGAGE PTO and wait 10 seconds.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for 12-15 cycles.
5. PTO clutch is now properly burnished.
Assembly - Page 3