Servicing Mower Blades
CAUTION: Avoid injury. Mower blades have
sharp edges. Always wear gloves when
handling mower blades.
REMOVING MOWER BLADES
1. Raise mower deck to gain access to mower blades. If
necessary, remove mower deck.
2. Use a wooden block to prevent mower blades from
3. Remove cap screw (A), round blade washer (B),
blade (C) and deflector cup (D).
4. Inspect blades; sharpen/balance or replace as
INSTALLING MOWER BLADES
1. Lightly lubricate cap screw threads with a general
purpose grease or oil to prevent rusting and seizing.
2. Install deflector cup (D) on spindle.
3. Position mower blade (C) with the cutting edge
towards the ground onto the mower spindle.
IMPORTANT: Some blade washers (B) have two
index marks (E). When these blade washers are
installed, the index marks must be visible. This
will indicate that the cup side of the washer is
toward the blade (C).
4. Install blade washers (B) and make sure 2 index
marks (E) are visible when installed.
5. Install and tighten cap screw (A) by hand until mower
blade is in full contact (fully seated) with spindle.
6. Block mower blade to prevent spinning. Tighten cap
screw (A) to 68 N•m (50 lb-ft).
Service Mower - Page 47