SERVICE MACHINE SAFELY
Practice Safe Maintenance
• Understand service procedure before doing work.
Keep area clean and dry.
• Never lubricate, service, or adjust machine while it is
moving. Keep safety devices in place and in working
condition. Keep hardware tight.
• To prevent them from getting caught, keep hands,
feet, clothing, jewelry, and long hair away from any
• Before servicing machine, disengage all power and
stop the engine. Let engine cool.
• Securely support any machine elements that must be
raised for service work.
• Keep all parts in good condition and properly
installed. Fix damage immediately. Replace worn or
broken parts. Remove any buildup of grease, oil, or
• Unauthorized modifications to the machine may
impair its function and safety.
Wear Appropriate Clothing
• Wear close fitting clothing and safety equipment
appropriate for the job.
• Loud noise can cause impairment or loss of hearing,
wear a suitable protective device such as earplugs.
• Do not wear radio or music headphones while
servicing the machine. Safe service requires your full
Avoid Injury From Contacting Blades
Before you unplug or adjust machine:
• STOP the engine.
• Remove key.
• Wait for blades to STOP.
• Keep hands, feet and clothing away from blades when
engine is running.
Service Machine Safely - Page 33