• In addition to reading your Operator's Manual, view
your Mowing Safety Video.
• Check brake action before you operate. Adjust or
service brakes as necessary.
• Inspect machine before you operate. Be sure
hardware is tight. Repair or replace damaged, badly
worn, or missing parts. Be sure guards and shields are
in good condition and fastened in place. Make any
necessary adjustments before you operate.
• Clear work area of objects that might be thrown. Keep
people and pets out of the work area. Stop machine if
anyone enters the area.
• If you hit an object, stop the machine and inspect it.
Make repairs before you operate. Keep machine and
attachments properly maintained and in good working
• DO NOT leave machine unattended when it is
• Only operate during daylight or with good artificial
• Be careful of traffic when operating near or crossing
• Do not wear radio or music headphones while
operating the machine. Safe operation requires your full
• Stop machine on a level surface, not on a slope.
• Disengage mower blades.
• Lower attachments to the ground.
• Engage park brake.
• STOP engine.
• Remove key.
• Before you leave the operator's seat, wait for engine
and all moving parts to STOP.
Operating Machine - Page 9