Adjusting Mower Level (Front-to-Rear)
CAUTION: To avoid injury, before you adjust
mower: STOP engine, remove key, and wait
for blades to STOP.
Be careful, sharp edges on mower blades.
Always wear gloves when handling mower
NOTE: Mower gage wheels should not contact the
ground during leveling.
1. Park tractor on a hard, level surface.
2. Stop engine and remove key.
3. CHECK: Tire pressure must be correct. (See
Checking Tire Pressure in Service – Miscellaneous
4. Pull lift lever all the way back to TRANSPORT (upper)
5. Turn mower depth control knob (A) to adjust cutting
height to 50 mm (2 in).
6. Move lift lever forward to MOWING (lower) position.
7. Turn left blade so blade tip points straight forward.
8. Hold drive belt and turn right blade straight forward.
9. Measure from the front of each blade tip to the level
surface. The front blade tips must be 6–9 mm
(1/4–3/8 in.) lower than rear blade tips or blades will cut
grass twice and tips will turn brown.
10.Loosen two rear nuts (B) on front lift rod assembly
and turn two front nuts (C) clockwise to RAISE front of
mower deck or counterclockwise to LOWER front of
11.Tighten rear nuts (B) after adjustment is completed.
12.Check front-to-rear deck measurements and readjust
Operating Mower - Page 30