Care for Plastic and Painted Surfaces
The plastic parts on your tractor are made of a blend of
polycarbonate and polyester materials. These parts are
extremely strong and durable. Unlike painted metal, the
plastic parts will never dent or rust. If the plastic parts
get scratched, the color will remain the same since the
color goes through the entire part.
IMPORTANT: "Dry wiping" or wiping the plastic
surface when it is dry will result in minor surface
scratches. Always wet the surface before
cleaning. Follow correct cleaning and waxing
Correct Cleaning Care:
NOTE: Follow cleaning procedure every time plastic
surfaces are cleaned. DO NOT wipe dry plastic
surface with hand or towel.
1. Before washing, rinse hood and entire machine with
clean water to remove dirt and dust that may scratch the
2. Wash plastic surface with clean water and a mild
liquid automotive washing soap. Use a SOFT, CLEAN
cloth (bath towel or automotive mitt) when washing.
3. Dry thoroughly with a SOFT, CLEAN cloth (diaper or
4. Wax the surface with a liquid automotive wax. Use
products that specifically say "contains no abrasives".
5. Remove applied wax by hand using a clean, soft
Service Miscellaneous - Page 59