PAINTED METAL SURFACES
Correct Cleaning Care:
Follow automotive practices to care for your tractor
painted metal surfaces. Use a high-quality automotive
wax regularly to maintain the factory look of your
tractor's painted surfaces.
Minor Scratches (surface scratch):
1. Clean area thoroughly to be repaired.
2. Use automotive polishing compound to remove
• DO NOT use rubbing compound to avoid removing
3. Apply wax to entire surface.
Deep Scratches (bare metal or primer showing):
1. Clean area to be repaired with rubbing alcohol or
2. Use paint stick with factory-matched colors available
from your Authorized Service Center to fill scratches.
Follow directions for use and for drying.
• Apply sparingly to scratch without getting on
surrounding painted surface. Fill in scratch to level of
surrounding painted area.
• Allow to dry 48 hours in warm weather and up to 30
days in colder temperatures.
3. Use automotive polishing compound to smooth out
surface. Do not use power buffer.
4. Apply wax to surface.
Service Miscellaneous - Page 61