Advanced device functions
Overview of the monitoring functions
The basic version of the device also provides monitoring functions. The following display,
monitoring and control functions are available when the appropriate software is used:
● Temperature monitoring (overtemperature, low temperature, or cable break at a
● Monitoring of drives with S.M.A.R.T. functionality
● Watchdog (hardware or software reset of the computer)
● Operating hours meter (information on total runtime)
SIMATIC IPC DiagBase software
Use the functions of the SIMATIC IPC DiagBase software included in the scope of delivery
for local monitoring. Use the "DiagBase Management Explorer" application to obtain a clear
overview of the controls. Use the DiagBase Alarm Manager to receive notifications about
For more information on SIMATIC IPC DiagBase software functionality, please refer to the
relevant Online Help.
SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor software
SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor is available on CD (not included in the scope of delivery). This
monitoring software comprises:
● The software for the stations to be monitored.
● A library for creating user-specific applications.
Operating Instructions, 12/2016, A5E03409486-AE