Installing the device
The installer of the plant is responsible for proper installation of the device.
Dangerous voltage in control cabinet
A high voltage may be present in the switchgear cabinet and could cause a dangerous
It may result in death or serious physical injury.
Isolate the power supply to the control cabinet before opening it. Ensure that the power to
the control cabinet cannot be turned on accidentally.
Risk of fire
If you install the device in an unapproved mounting position or if you do not observe the
ambient conditions, the device can overheat.
Overheating can cause a fire. Proper functioning of the device is no longer guaranteed.
Before you install the device, note the following general installation information.
In the standard installation position, the device meets the requirements for fire protection
enclosures in accordance with EN 60950-1. It can therefore be installed without an additional
fire protection covering.
● Install the device only in one of the permitted mounting positions.
● For installation in control cabinets, note the SIMATIC setup guidelines as well as the
relevant DIN/VDE requirements or the country-specific regulations.
● Ensure that the device is classified as "Open Type" when using it in the area of Industrial
Control Equipment (UL508). A UL508 conform enclosure is therefore a mandatory
requirement for approval or operation according to UL508.
● Provide adequate volume in the control cabinet for air circulation and heat transport.
Keep at least 5 cm distance between the device and control cabinet.
● The ventilation slots of the device may not be covered or obstructed.
● The minimum distance between the device and the cabinet is 5 cm at the air output end.
● Ensure there is enough free space in the control cabinet to allow the cover to be
● Equip the control cabinet with struts for stabilizing the mounting cut-out. Install struts
Operating Instructions, 12/2016, A5E03409486-AE
Installing and connecting the device
3.2 Installing the device