9.2 Directives and declarations
Protective measures against discharge of static electricity
● Disconnect the power supply before you install or remove modules which are sensitive to
● Pay attention to good grounding:
– When handling electrostatical sensitive devices, make sure that persons, the
● Avoid direct contact:
– As a general rule, do not touch electrostatic sensitive devices, except in the case of
– Hold the modules at their edge so that you do not touch the connector pins or
– Discharge your body electrostatically before you take a measurement at a module. Do
workstation and devices, tools and packaging used are properly grounded. This way
you avoid static discharge.
unavoidable maintenance work.
conductor paths. This way, the discharge energy does not reach and damage the
so by touching grounded metallic parts. Always use grounded measuring instruments.
Operating Instructions, 12/2016, A5E03409486-AE