Operating the device
6.2 Operating the touch screen
Operating the touch screen
Application-specific user interface elements, for example buttons, are shown on the display.
Tapping a button with your finger activates the function assigned to the button.
Incorrect operation of the touch screen
Incorrect operations at the touch screen cannot be excluded. Such actions may lead to
personal injury or damage to the machine or plant.
Take the following precautions:
• Never use the touch screen to control safety-related functions.
• Use a suitable touch pen to operate the touch screen.
• Calibrate the touch screen regularly.
• Switch off the device for cleaning and maintenance.
The following types of pressure are permissible:
● Using a plastic pen with a 1 mm radius at the point: 25 g.
● Using a silicone finger with a diameter of 1.6 cm: 50 g.
Only touch one point on the touch screen and not several points at one time, as this may
trigger unintended reactions.
Do not touch the screen in the following situations:
• During the boot process
• When plugging or unplugging USB components
• While Scandisk is running
• During active BIOS update
Operating Instructions, 12/2016, A5E03409486-AE