Device maintenance and repairs
8.4 Installing the software
Installing Windows XP
Specific information on the use of the Windows XP Professional operating system is
available in the following manual (not included in the scope of delivery):
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Technical Reference (MSPress No. 934)
You need the following hardware and software:
● A USB DVD-ROM drive
● A USB disk drive
● A USB hub
● Driver disk for the AHCI controller
You will find information on setting up the driver disk on the "Documentation and Drivers"
● Recovery DVD for the operating system you want to install, which is included in the scope
1. Enable "USB Boot" in the BIOS setup.
2. Connect the disk drive to the USB port.
3. Insert the driver disk into the disk drive.
4. Connect the DVD drive to the USB port.
5. Insert the Recovery DVD into the DVD drive.
6. Reboot the device.
7. Press the <F12> key when the following BIOS message appears.
Press F2 to go to Setup Ulility
Press F12 to go to Boot Manager
After initialization, a boot menu is displayed.
8. In the boot menu, select the optical drive using the cursor keys.
USB-ODD : Optical Disk Drive
9. Confirm the selection by pressing ENTER.
Operating Instructions, 12/2016, A5E03409486-AE