The nameplate is located on the bottom exterior.
• The unit is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall
outlet (mains), even if the unit itself has been turned
• Unplug the system from the wall outlet (mains) if it
is not to be used for an extended period of time. To
disconnect the power cord (mains lead), pull it out by
the plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the system,
unplug the system and have it checked by qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• AC power cord (mains) must be changed only at the
qualified service shop.
• Do not place the system in an inclined position.
• Do not place the system in locations where it is;
– Extremely hot or cold
– Dusty or dirty
– Very humid
– Subject to vibrations
– Subject to direct sunlight
• Use caution when placing the unit or speakers on
surfaces that have been specially treated (with wax,
oil, polish, etc.) as staining or discoloration of the
surface may result.
On heat buildup
• Although the system heats up during operation, this
is not a malfunction.
• Place the system in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat buildup in the system.
• If you continuously use this system at a high volume,
the cabinet temperature of the top, side and bottom
rises considerably. To avoid burning yourself, do not
touch the cabinet.
• To prevent a malfunction, do not cover the
ventilation hole for the cooling fan.
In case color irregularity is observed
on nearby a TV screen
With the magnetically shielded type of speaker system,
the speakers can be installed near a TV set. However,
color irregularity may still be observed on the TV
screen depending on the type of your TV set.
If color irregularity is observed...
Turn off the TV set once, then turn it on after 15 to 30
If color irregularity is observed
Place the speakers farther away from the TV set.
Caution: This system is capable of holding a still
video image or on-screen display image on your
television screen indefinitely. If you leave the still
video image or on-screen display image displayed
on your TV for an extended period of time you risk
permanent damage to your television screen.
Projection televisions are especially susceptible to
• If the system is brought directly from a cold to a
warm location, or is placed in a very damp room,
moisture may condense on the lens inside the DVD
player. Should this occur, the system will not operate
properly. Remove the disc and leave the system
turned on for about an hour until the moisture
• When you move the system, take out any disc or MD.
If you have any questions or problems concerning your
system, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.