Check the following points when operating the robot in AUTO mode. Observe the instructions below in cases
where an error occurs during automatic operation. Automatic operation described here includes all operations
in AUTO mode.
Checkpoints before starting automatic operation
Check the following points before starting automatic operation
• checK that no one is within the safety enclosure.
• checK the safety enclosure is securely installeD with interlocKs functional.
• checK that the Programming box / hanDy terminal anD tools are in their sPecifieD locations.
• checK that the alarm or error lamPs on the robot anD PeriPheral equiPment are not lit or
During automatic operation and when errors occur
After automatic operation starts, check the operation status and the signal tower to ensure that the robot is in automatic
nEvER EnTER ThE SafETy EnClOSURE DURIng aUTOMaTIC OPERaTIOn.
If an ERROR OCCURS In ThE RObOT OR PERIPhERal EqUIPMEnT, ObSERvE ThE fOllOWIng PROCEDURE bEfORE
EnTERIng ThE SafETy EnClOSURE.
1) PRESS ThE EMERgEnCy STOP bUTTOn TO SET ThE RObOT TO EMERgEnCy STOP.
2) PlaCE a SIgn On ThE STaRT SWITCh, InDICaTIng ThaT ThE RObOT IS bEIng InSPECTED In ORDER TO kEEP OThER
PERSOnS fROM RESTaRTIng ThE RObOT.
Precautions during operation
When the robot is damaged or an abnormal condition occurs
• if unusual oDors, noise or smoKe occur During oPeration, immeDiately turn off Power to Prevent
POSSIblE ElECTRICal ShOCk, fIRE OR bREakDOWn. STOP USIng ThE RObOT anD COnTaCT yOUR DISTRIbUTOR.
• if any of the following Damage or abnormal conDitions occurs the robot, then continuing to
OPERaTE ThE RObOT IS DangEROUS. IMMEDIaTEly STOP USIng ThE RObOT anD COnTaCT yOUR DISTRIbUTOR.
Damage or abnormal condition
Damage to machine harness or robot cable
Damage to robot exterior
Abnormal robot operation (position deviation, vibration, etc.)
Z-axis (vertical axis) or brake malfunction
High temperature hazard
• Do not touch the robot controller anD robot During oPeration. the robot controller anD robot
bODy aRE vERy hOT DURIng OPERaTIOn, SO bURnS May OCCUR If ThESE SECTIOnS aRE TOUChED.
• the motor anD sPeeD reDuction gear casing are very hot shortly after oPeration, so burns may
OCCUR If ThESE aRE TOUChED. bEfORE TOUChIng ThOSE PaRTS fOR InSPECTIOnS OR SERvICIng, TURn Off ThE
COnTROllER, WaIT fOR a WhIlE anD ChECk ThaT ThEIR TEMPERaTURE haS COOlED.
Type of danger
Electrical shock, robot malfunction
Damaged parts fly off during robot operation
Loads fall off