When operating a robot, ignoring safety measures and checks may lead to serious accidents. Always take the
following safety measures and checks to ensure safe operation.
ChECk ThE fOllOWIng POInTS bEfORE STaRTIng RObOT OPERaTIOn.
• no one is within the robot movement range.
• the Programming unit is in the sPecifieD location.
• the robot anD PeriPheral equiPment are in gooD conDition.
After installing, adjusting, inspecting, maintaining or repairing the robot, perform trial operation using the
If a safety enclosure has not yet been provided right after installing the robot:
then rope off or chain off the movement range around the robot in place of the safety enclosure and observe the
PlaCE a "RObOT IS MOvIng - kEEP aWay!" SIgn TO kEEP ThE OPERaTOR OR OThER PERSOnnEl fROM EnTERIng
WIThIn ThE MOvEMEnT RangE Of ThE RObOT.
• use sturDy, stable Posts which will not fall over easily.
• the roPe or chain shoulD be easily visible to everyone arounD the robot.
Check the following points before turning on the controller.
• Is the robot securely and correctly installed?
• Are the electrical connections to the robot wired correctly?
• Are items such as air pressure correctly supplied?
• Is the robot correctly connected to peripheral equipment?
• Have safety measures (safety enclosure, etc.) been taken?
• Does the installation environment meet the specified standards?
After the controller is turned on, check the following points from outside the safety enclosure.
• Does the robot start, stop and enter the selected operation mode as intended?
• Does each axis move as intended within the soft limits?
• Does the end effector move as intended?
• Are the correct signals being sent to the end effector and peripheral equipment?
• Does emergency stop function?
• Are teaching and playback functions normal?
• Are the safety enclosure and interlocks functioning as intended?