Major precautions for each stage of use
This section describes major precautions that must be observed when using robots and controllers. Be sure to
carefully read and comply with all of these precautions even if there is no alert symbol shown.
Precautions for using robots and controllers
General precautions for using robots and controllers are described below.
Applications where robots cannot be used
YAMAHA robots and robot controllers are designed as general-purpose industrial equipment and cannot be used for the
yaMaha RObOT COnTROllERS anD RObOTS aRE DESIgnED aS gEnERal-PURPOSE InDUSTRIal EqUIPMEnT anD
CannOT bE USED fOR ThE fOllOWIng aPPlICaTIOnS.
• in meDical equiPment systems which are critical to human life
• in systems that significantly affect society anD the general Public
• in equiPment intenDeD to carry or transPort PeoPle
• in environments which are subject to vibration such as onboarD shiPs anD vehicles.
Qualification of operators/workers
Operators or persons who handle the robot such as for teaching, programming, movement check, inspection, adjustment,
and repair must receive appropriate training and also have the skills needed to perform the job correctly and safely. They
must read the manual carefully to understand its contents before attempting the robot operation or maintenance.
Tasks related to industrial robots (teaching, programming, movement check, inspection, adjustment, repair, etc.) must be
performed by qualified persons who meet requirements established by local regulations and standards for industrial
• the robot must be oPerateD only by Persons who have receiveD safety anD oPeration training.
OPERaTIOn by an UnTRaInED PERSOn IS ExTREMEly hazaRDOUS.
• aDjustment anD maintenance by removing a cover require sPecializeD technical KnowleDge anD
SkIllS, anD May alSO InvOlvE hazaRDS If aTTEMPTED by an UnSkIllED PERSOn. ThESE TaSkS MUST bE
PERfORMED Only by PERSOnS WhO havE EnOUgh abIlITy anD qUalIfICaTIOnS In aCCORDanCE WITh
lOCal laWS anD REgUlaTIOnS. fOR DETaIlED InfORMaTIOn, PlEaSE COnTaCT yOUR DISTRIbUTOR WhERE yOU
PURChaSED ThE PRODUCT.