CHANGING THE ENGINE OIL
NOTE: Replace the oil screen and the oil filter
when you change the engine oil.
Change the engine oil when the engine is at
WARNING: the engine oil will be very hot when
the engine is at operating temperature – be
careful not to burn yourself.
– Place the motorcycle on a level surface, remove the
plug (1) and allow the oil to drain into a suitable vessel.
– Thoroughly clean the plug (with the magnet).
– After the oil is completely drained, clean the sealing
area, mount the plug with a new seal ring and tighten
to 20 Nm.
CLEANING THE OIL SCREEN
NOTE: the oil screen (3) is located in the plug
with the hexagon drive (2) next to the oil drain
plug on the right side of the engine.
– Dismount the plug with the oil screen, thoroughly
clean the parts and blow clean with compressed air.
– Check the O-rings (4) for damage and replace if
– Insert the oil screen in the plug, mount and tighten the
plug to 15 Nm.