SERVICING THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS
– Use the extractor 590.29.033.000 to pull both grooved
ball bearings (1) off of the camshaft (see illustration).
CAUTION: never clamp the camshaft in a vise
on the cams.
– Detach the spring (2) on the automatic decompression
shaft (3) while pulling the automatic decompression
shaft out of the camshaft.
– Loosen the 2 bolts M8x10 (4) and remove the camshaft
– Clean all of the parts, check and replace if necessary.
– Check the bearing seats in the camshaft and the cams
– Replace both grooved ball bearings (1).
– Check the position of the automatic decompression
shaft (3) for clearance and contact surface to the rocker
arm for wear.
– Check the toothing on the camshaft gear (5) for wear.
– Check whether the bolt (6) on the automatic
decompression retainer has a tightening torque of
NOTE: if you can turn the bolt, it needs to be
removed, cleaned, secured with Loctite 2701
and tightened to 8 Nm.