DISASSEMBLING THE ENGINE
REMOVING THE CRANKSHAFT
– Lift the crankshaft out of the housing together with the
conrod, piston and cylinder liner, tapping gently on
the rear crankshaft with a plastic hammer if necessary.
REMOVING THE TRANSMISSION
– Pull both shift rails (1) out of the housing.
– Tilt the shift forks (2) aside, the shift rolls (3) usually
remain in the shift drum (4) and should be removed
with a magnet.
– Press the shift drum up from below while turning it
until it can be removed from the housing.
NOTE: if you do not turn the shift drum, the
circlip will get caught on the first gear idler.
– Remove the shift forks from the shift grooves.
– Set the engine case in an upright position (installation
position) and simultaneously pull out both transmission
shafts, gently tapping on the back of the main shaft
with a plastic hammer if necessary.