ASSEMBLING THE ENGINE
MOUNTING THE PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE
– Slide the ball (1) and spring (2) in the hole, screw in the
plug (3) with a new seal ring and tighten to 20 Nm.
MOUNTING THE ROTOR AND THE PICK UP
– Mount the ignition rotor and the nut (4) with
corrugated washer; make sure that the woodruff key is
NOTE: LH thread!
580.30.080.000) and the nut (17 mm) to 60 Nm).
– Remove the locking bolt again and screw in the M8x15
– Mount the pulse generator (5) with the M5x16 bolts,
secure the bolts with Loctite 243 and tighten to
– Oil the distance bushing (6) and slide onto the
countershaft with the recess for the O-ring towards the
– Mount the generator cover with dowels and a new
gasket (see photo for bolt lengths) and tighten to 10
– Slip the engine sprocket on the shaft and mount the
– Use the spark plug wrench 590.29.072.000 to screw in
the spark plug and tighten to 20 Nm.
To mount the oil filter and the oil screen and add engine
oil: see Chapter A