SERVICING THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS
– Check the toothing and the pivot point on the starter
idler (1) for wear. Also check the bearing bolt for
– Check the toothing and pivot point on the freewheel
gear (2) for wear. Also check the bearing bolt on the
freewheel gear for running marks.
– Remove the freewheel gear from the freewheel and
check the points of contact for pressure marks.
– Dismount the freewheel (3) from the freewheel gear
(see below), check the freewheel segments for wear.
– Check the freewheel gear toothing (4) and points of
contact to the freewheel for wear and pressure marks.
– Replace the O-ring on the starter flange.
CHECKING THE FREEWHEEL
– Insert the freewheel gear (2) in the freewheel (4).
– You should be able to move the freewheel gear in a
– The freewheel gear must lock in a clockwise direction.
REPLACING THE FREEWHEEL HUB
– Press the spacer ring (5) together with circlip pliers and
– Lift the freewheel out of the freewheel gear.
– Oil the freewheel (3) and insert in the freewheel gear (4).
– Use circlip pliers to insert the spacer ring in the groove
and check for a good fit. Carefully tap on the mounted
spacer ring with a punch.
NOTE: the tabs (A) on the spacer ring must
engage in the recesses in the freewheel gear.