DISMOUNTING AND MOUNTING THE ENGINE
– Remove the retaining bolt from the starter relay (1),
disconnect the connectors from the starter relay and
lift out the starter relay.
– Unscrew the nut on the chain roller bolt (2).
– Dismount the starter holding bridge (3) and lift the
battery out of the frame together with the battery
– Use a suitable tool (hooked handle) to detach the front
(4) and rear (5) exhaust springs.
– Remove the exhaust nuts (6) from the cylinder head
and pull both exhaust pipes out of the intermediate
exhaust pipe (7) one at a time.
– Unscrew the bolt (8) and remove the intermediate
– Loosen the clamps on the carburetor connection boots
and remove the rear carburetor connection boot (9).
– Pull the carburetor out of the front connection boot
and attach to the frame.
NOTE: leave the carburetor in the frame if it
does not need to be serviced.
Move the carburetor vent hoses towards the
– Disconnect the spark plug connector and separate the
decompression cable from the cylinder head.