SERVICING THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS
Use the limit plug gauge 590.29.026.006 (A) (Ø 6.05 mm)
to check the valve guides. If the limit plug gauge can
easily be pushed into the valve guide, the valve guide
needs to be replaced at a special workshop.
Check the valve springs for fractures or other wear (visual
check). Measure the spring length with a sliding gauge.
The minimum length may not be less than 38.30 mm.
Replace the spring if it is shorter.
Valve shaft seals
Always replace the valve shaft seals (1) if the valves are
– Mount the valve shaft seals on the valve guides and
– Place the 4 spring washers in the cylinder head.
– Oil the valves at the shaft and insert in the valve
guides in their original position.
– Mount the valve springs with the larger diameter
facing down, place the valve spring retainers in the
– Pretension the valve springs with the special tool and
mount the valve key (2).
NOTE: make sure the valve keys are seated
properly when mounted. Use a little grease to
position them on the valve.
– Tap on the valve spring retainers a few times with a
– Mount the chain tensioning rail, secure the bolt M5x16
with Loctite 243 and tighten to 6 Nm.