DISASSEMBLING THE ENGINE
– Pull the rear sprocket (1) off of the idler shaft with the
CAUTION: Hold the extractor and do not let it
touch the chain guide.
– Pry the woodruff key from the shaft.
REMOVING THE CYLINDER HEAD
– Remove the bolt on the left side (2).
– Loosen the 4 cylinder head bolts (3) crosswise and
remove together with the washers.
– Lift off the cylinder head with the sleeves and gasket,
discarding the gasket.
SEPARATING THE HOUSING HALVES
– Remove all of the housing bolts from the right housing
– Screw the special tool 800.29.020.000 onto the right
housing half and separate the two housing halves by
turning in the spindle. Gently tap on the side of the
housing with a plastic hammer to prevent the housing
halves from being distorted.
NOTE: do not use a screwdriver or similar tool
to pry the housing halves apart since this will
damage the sealing areas.
– Remove the dowels.